The course Traditional Chinese Medicine and Chinese Culture aims at introducing the characteristic theories and thoughts of traditional Chinese Medicine, characteristic therapies of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), processing of Chinese material medica, study of traditional Chinese medicine as well as the history and the social and cultural background of traditional Chinese medicine, and spreading the knowledge and culture of traditional Chinese medicine.
The course aims at, by starting with the interpretation of such theories as the cultural background of the origin and development of traditional Chinese medicine, the Yin-Yang thought of traditional Chinese medicine and the Wu Xing theory of TCM and in combination with acupuncture experiences and Taijiquan practice and teaching, enabling its learners to be informed of the concepts on health and the thoughts of nourishing of life in this ancient discipline and learn some methods for nourishing of life suitable for them so as to improve their physical and mental health and bring them a harmonious and happy life.
1. Getting knowledge of the basic thoughts, knowledge and the gene of traditional culture in TCM;
2. Mastering the key of TCM to keeping physical and mental health;
3. Learning about the wisdom of traditional Chinese culture.
1. It is required for learners to conduct online video learning currently, complete relevant assignments and tests and in the meantime actively participate in the activities on the online forum.
2. Learners who have got an online learning achievement of 30 marks or above may enroll for the learning of offline flipped classroom and practical teaching.
Online part achievement, accounting for 100% of the total achievement
Scoring factors: record of watching videos accounting for 40%,
the achievements of objective assignments accounting for 50%,
in-class discussion accounting for 10%.
No textbook or teaching material is provided temporarily and some relevant reading materials are provided.